- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- This was the first $5.00 Red Seals issued in the new small size.
- Housed in an archival quality Mylar sleeve by PCGS.
- Choice About New-50 with the additional benefit of Premium Paper Quality.
- Face: A portrait of President Abraham Lincoln.
- Back: Depicts the Lincoln Memorial.
- Julian/Snyder signatures—Friedberg #1530*.
These notes are a great part of history that can easily be added to any collection. Add some of these great conversation pieces to your cart today!
United States Notes were adopted for circulation during the Civil War in 1862 in denominations from One through One Thousand Dollars. The $5 denomination remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960s when the $5 FRN's replaced them entirely. Although they are still legal tender, their red seals and serial numbers make them great collector items.
Series 1928 $5 United States Notes had a large original printing of just over 267 million, but Star ★ Notes are quite scarce and many were lost through the heavy use they saw during the Great Depression.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.