- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Limited mintage of 1,000 coins worldwide.
- Each coin comes individually packaged in a unique, triangular protective capsule.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Antiqued Silver.
- Obverse: Depicts scenes from the dramatic story of the ship, along with the Queen Elizabeth II effigy.
- Reverse: Depicts the Vergulde Draeck ship, surrounded by decorative maritime ornaments.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect your capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This low mintage, Antiqued Silver coin follows the release of the popular Shipwreck bullion series releases. Don't miss your opportunity to add the 2020 Australia 1 oz Silver Vergulde Draeck (Gilt Dragon) Shipwreck Antiqued coin to your cart today!
Vergulde Draeck (Gilt Dragon)
In 1656 a ship named Vergulde Draeck was traveling towards Batavia (current-day Jakarta), and struck an uncharted reef off the coast of Western Australia. The ship was carrying trade goods, coins, cargo, passengers and crew. Abraham Leeman, the under steersman, took the boat and six crew on a journey to Batavia to report the wreck. It is said that there were more survivors, but they were not located and it is unknown what happened to them. The wreckage of the Vergulde Draeck was discovered in 1963, and was excavated in 1972. About 19,000 coins were discovered, mostly Spanish reals and Japanese Silver coins.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.