Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
The star of each year's The Perth Mint lunar collection, these coins have been very popular amongst collectors each year due to the limited supply and remarkable designs.
- Mintage of 188 coins worldwide.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a prestigious red display case with a magnetic lid. Adorned with Gold lettering and a geometric design, the case is packaged in a beautifully illustrated shipper portraying the story of how the ox became the second animal in the zodiac.
- Accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: The Jody Clark likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the Gold purity, year of issue, and face value.
- Reverse: Portrays a stylized representation of an ox among bamboo stalks. Also included in the design is the Chinese character for ‘ox’, the inscription ‘OX 2021’ and The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect your capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this stunning Gold High Relief Proof Year of the Ox Coin to your cart today!
Learn more about this release and The Perth Mint's Lunar Series 3.
When arrayed together, the shipper boxes on all future Lunar Series 3 Proof Gold releases will form a diorama depicting the ancient myth of The Great Race, which explains how the zodiac calendar came into being.
Struck by the historic Perth Mint from .9999 fine Gold, each coin's Australian legal tender status guarantees its weight and purity.
The Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series III collection continues the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese Lunar calendar. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2021 reverse celebrates the Year of the Ox. Those born under the sign of the Chinese lunar ox in 2021, 2009, 1997, 1985, 1973 and every 12th preceding year are said to be kind, intelligent, honest and reliable. Admired for their strong work ethic, logical mindset and calm demeanor, they are recognized as great leaders.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.