- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- These large size National Currency notes were issued beginning in early 1902.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Circulated Date Back $5.00 red seal note from Series 1902 in Fine condition.
- Lyons/Roberts signatures—Friedberg #590.
- Face: A portrait of President Benjamin Harrison.
- Back: An engraving of the Pilgrims landing with 1902 and 1908.
- Charter #62.
Some 12,000 banks were chartered and issued notes and these issues have become highly sought after by collectors. Add this nice collectors item to your cart today!
This note was the last series of National Currency Notes that were first issued in 1863. This type was conceived by Secretary of the Treasury Salmon P. Chase who devised a system of nationally chartered banks. Individual banks purchased U.S. government bonds and deposited them with the comptroller of the currency. For up to 90% of the profit, the comptroller would authorize the production of notes bearing the individual bank’s name.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.