- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
On the 20 mm coin's reverse, the photo of a newly launched Bluenose before being fitted with sails and rigging presents a different view of the fishing vessel, while the hull drawing is a nod to the design that made it a racing champion.
- Contains 0.25 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
- Limited mintage of 2,000 coins.
- Obverse:Features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- Reverse: Celebrates Bluenose through two images that are precisely aligned to create a contrasting effect. In the background, the hull drawing focuses on W.J. Roué's streamlined design and the clean lines that contributed to the ship's successful racing career. In the foreground, the image of Bluenose without sails and dressed in an array of signal flags is based on a launch day (March 26, 1921) photograph, but the use of a forced perspective emphasizes the bow and creates a sense of movement.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this Gold $100 100th Anniversary of the Bluenose coin to your cart today!
In the Smith and Rhuland shipyard in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia., the construction methods were the same ones that had built more than 100 vessels, but Bluenose's design set it apart. Its architect, William James Roué, had envisioned a sleek-looking schooner that would be a "combination of Gloucester and Nova Scotian vessels, with the depth of the former and the breadth of the latter." Through theory and calculations, Roué drafted the blueprints for a vessel with a large hold for her catch carrying capacity and a hull that was optimized for reduced resistance in water—giving her speed that was a benefit in her fishing and racing careers.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.