Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains .25 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a box with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of 2,000 coins.
- Obverse: Represents a view of the palace from the outer court. The words "600 Years of The Forbidden City" are written in French on the roof of the palace and are also translated into Chinese as a reflection in the courtyard.
- Reverse: Represents the globe with parallels and meridians on the left and inscriptions of major sites classified as UNESCO World Heritage Sites on the Right. The face value is inscribed on the left side of the globe.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Gold coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2020 1/4 oz Proof Gold UNESCO The Forbidden City coin to your cart today!
The Forbidden City
Located in Beijing, The Forbidden City was the imperial palace of two Chinese dynasties, The Ming and the Qing. For 500 years, the palace was only reserved for the Emperor and his Court, and forbidden to anyone else. Today, this monument is considered one of the five great palaces in the world, along with The Palace of Versailles, Buckingham Palace, The White House, and the Kremlin. It is the largest palatial complex in the ancient world and the most comprehensive existing architectural group in China. Now known as the Palace Museum, the Forbidden City was listed in the World Cultural Heritage List by UNESCO in 1987.
The United Nations Educational, Science, and Cultural Organization compiles a list of sites that are considered "world heritage cultural property sites". The aim for the program is to classify, name, and preserve the cultural goods and natural assets that matter for the common heritage of humanity. The program was founded in 1972 an as of 2020 over 1121 sites are registered.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.