Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- These $50 FRN's were issued beginning in early 1928.
- Notes will be housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- This note has a portrait of President U.S. Grant on the front with an engraving of the U.S. Capitol on the back.
- Moderately circulated notes from series 1928.
- This note is in Fine condition with some light stains.
This note was the last Federal Reserve Note to have the Gold clause in their redemption wording which states, "Redeemable in Gold on Demand at the United States Treasury, or in Gold or Lawful Money at any Federal Reserve Bank." No Federal Reserve Note since 1928 has carried this redemption! With an original printing of just over 500,000, this note is not easy to find. Series 1928 $50 FRN's have the signature combo of Woods/Mellon.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review