- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
APMEX has partnered with PCGS, one of the most trusted names in numismatics, to further enhance the MintDirect® Premier program. This partnership with PCGS allows MintDirect® Premier with PCGS FirstStrike® 2021 Silver Flamingo in their sealed packaging to remain eligible for the FirstStrike® designation if submitted to PCGS for grading long after new FirstStrike®-eligible coins are typically off the market.
Each 2021 1 oz Silver Flamingo is placed in a non-reactive plastic polymer authentication card to protect your coin’s finish.
Only coins received in the first 30 days of release from the Pobjoy Mint are eligible for the MintDirect® Premier designation. This provides assurance that these 1 oz Silver Flamingo coins are among the best struck releases of the year.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of 10,000 coins worldwide.
- APMEXclusive® with an enhanced reverse frosted cameo finish.
- Packaged in RF-welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the coin's finish, with included authentication card.
- To remain FirstStrike® eligible, coins must be unopened in the original packaging.
- Multiples of 10 are housed in a 10-Count APMEX® MintDirect® Singles storage box (5” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- Multiples of 20 are housed in a 20-Count APMEX® MintDirect® Singles storage box (10” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- APMEX® storage boxes hold MintDirect® or MintDirect® Premier TEP Singles and are stackable with other APMEX® Mini Monster Boxes and the APMEX® Monster Box.
- Obverse: Depicts an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II used exclusively by Pobjoy Mint.
- Reverse: Features a large American Flamingo along with a flock in the background.
- Minted and manufactured by Pobjoy Mint.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British Virgin Island government.
Protect and display your Silver Flamingo Reverse Frosted BU coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
This coin would be a great addition to any coin collection or portfolio. Own this exciting bullion coin minted for the British Virgin Islands by adding this stunning 1 oz Silver Flamingo Reverse Frosted BU coin to your cart today.
Because each new year brings new dies, APMEX has designated all products delivered by the mint during the first 30 days of their issuance that go through the MintDirect® process as MintDirect® Premier.
The sealing process seals the coin within the authentication card, creating a tamper-evident package that will guarantee your investment indefinitely. If the tamper-evident package has been opened in any way, you will know it. After the process is completed, the coin in the tamper-evident package is removed from the machine and checked to ensure that the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards. You now have a finished 2021 1 oz Silver Flamingo MintDirect® Premier + PCGS FirstStrike Single®.
By using this process, APMEX can guarantee that the coins you receive are authentic and in the exact condition as they were when they left the mint. The MintDirect® process gives investors confidence in their purchase, knowing that they can buy, hold or sell an authentic coin — guaranteed.
Note: The MintDirect® process does not guarantee protection from spotting or tarnishing that normally occurs in chemically active metals, such as Gold, Silver and Platinum.
The American Flamingo:
American Flamingos are the only species of Flamingo that naturally inhabits North America. These large wading birds have a beautiful reddish-pink plumage, which can be seen in Florida. More specifically, the most southern regions such as South Florida and the Keys. These beautiful birds lay a single egg on a muddy mound during the months of May and August. The incubation time can take anywhere from 28 to 32 days, which both parents look after their young until about 6 years of age or until they reach full maturity.
Pobjoy Mint is a privately held company in Surrey, England was founded in 1965 by Derek Pobjoy and continues to be a family ran business. Pobjoy is the leading manufacturer of legal tender coins for British Overseas Territories. As a private mint, they also produce medals, medallions, official regalla (royal crowns and scepters), tokens, and a wide range of numismatic coins. Also, Pobjoy is known for developing the first man-made precious metals called Virenium®. Additionally, Pobjoy is the only mint that has perfected the manufacturing of colored Titanium coinage in the world!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.