2020 Mexico 2-Coin Silver 2 oz & 5 oz Reverse Proof Set
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
This beautiful set contains two 2020 Silver Mexican Libertad coins in Reverse Proof finishes, along with a statue of the Winged Victory. The Reverse Proof finish accentuates the coin's already impressive design, presenting Mexico's iconic volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl and a myriad of historic Coats of Arms in a highly-polished sculptural relief. The 2 ounce and 5 ounce coins also show the beauty of the Libertad coin in larger detail compared to its 1 oz counterpart. These two coins are housed in a wooden display featuring the Banco de México logo, and are accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Only 250 sets available worldwide, half of last year's release.
- This is the third year of issue for this special set.
- Contains a total of 7 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes housed in a wooden display, with a statue of Winged Victory. The display features the Banco de México logo. The set also includes a certificate of authenticity from Banco de México.
- This set contains the third release of the Reverse Proof Silver Libertad in the 2 oz and 5 oz size.
- Obverse: Features a sculptural relief design of the National Shield, encompassed by the legend "Estados Unidos Mexicanos" (United Mexican States), surrounded by different national coats of arms used throughout Mexico's history.
- Reverse: Depicts two key symbols of the Mexican people: the Winged Victory statue in the forefront and the Mexican volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl in the background.
These 250 limited sets each come with a special miniature statue and a wooden display. This gorgeous 2 oz and 5 oz Reverse Proof Silver Libertad set is a popular choice not only because of its attractive design, but also its mintage at Casa de Moneda de México, the oldest mint in North America. Add this 2020 2 oz and 5 oz Reverse Proof Silver Mexican Libertad Set to your cart today!
The Winged Victory, also known as the Angel of Independence, or the Angel for short plays a large part in Mexico's history. Originally finished in 1910, the statue of the Angel in Mexico City was built to commemorate Mexico's independence from Spain. The Angel is a version of the Roman goddess of victory, Victoria. The crown of laurel is for placing on the heads of victorious independence revolutionaries, and the broken three-link chain in the other hand represents three centuries of Spanish rule before Mexicans broke from Spain. The Winged Victory is a vital symbol of Mexico, and only fitting she be featured on the well-known Libertad coin series.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.