Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
This beautiful set contains two 2020 Silver Mexican Libertad coins in Reverse Proof finishes, along with a statue of the Winged Victory. The Reverse Proof finish accentuates the coin's already impressive design, presenting Mexico's iconic volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl and a myriad of historic Coats of Arms in a highly-polished sculptural relief. The 2 ounce and 5 ounce coins also show the beauty of the Libertad coin in larger detail compared to its 1 oz counterpart. These two coins are housed in a wooden display featuring the Banco de México logo, and are accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
Due to limited quantities and high demand, there is a limit of 5 per customer.
- This is the third year of issue for this special set.
- Only 250 sets available worldwide, half of last year's release.
- Contains a total of 7 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes housed in a wooden display, with a statue of Winged Victory. The display features the Banco de México logo. The set also includes a certificate of authenticity from Banco de México.
- This set contains the third release of the Reverse Proof Silver Libertad in the 2 oz and 5 oz size.
- Obverse: Features a sculptural relief design of the National Shield, encompassed by the legend "Estados Unidos Mexicanos" (United Mexican States), surrounded by different national coats of arms used throughout Mexico's history.
- Reverse: Depicts two key symbols of the Mexican people: the Winged Victory statue in the forefront and the Mexican volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl in the background.
These 250 limited sets each come with a special miniature statue and a wooden display. This gorgeous 2 oz and 5 oz Reverse Proof Silver Libertad set is a popular choice not only because of its attractive design, but also its mintage at Casa de Moneda de México, the oldest mint in North America. Add this 2020 2 oz and 5 oz Reverse Proof Silver Mexican Libertad Set to your cart today!
The Silver Libertad series is a classic series from Banco de México, produced annually. In 2017, the first Reverse Proof 2 oz and 5 oz Silver Libertads were produced, followed by a two-coin set in 2018. The set includes one each of the 2 oz Silver Libertad and 5 oz Silver Libertad, in Reverse Proof finishes, and is accompanied by a box, a certificate of authenticity, and a small statue of the Winged Victory. The Winged Victory, also known as the Angel of Independence, or the Angel for short plays a large part in Mexico's history. Originally finished in 1910, the statue of the Angel in Mexico City was built to commemorate Mexico's independence from Spain. The Angel is a version of the Roman goddess of victory, Victoria. The crown of laurel is for placing on the heads of victorious independence revolutionaries, and the broken three-link chain in the other hand represents three centuries of Spanish rule before Mexicans broke from Spain. The Winged Victory is a vital symbol of Mexico, and only fitting she be featured on the well-known Libertad coin series.
The Libertads are produced at La Casa de Moneda de Mexico (Mexican Mint), the oldest Mint in North America. It is also the national mint of Mexico, first established in 1535. The Bank of Mexico is Mexico's central bank, and is the Mexican Mint's largest client, producing both circulating coinage and currency for the country, as well as Precious Metal coins. The Mexican Mint is located in Mexico City.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.