- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 5 oz of 999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of 250 coins.
- Comes in a box with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Obverse: Represents several aspects of the Napoleonic period, all designed onto his bicorn hat. Included in the design on each side are the grenadiers of the guard representing the battles of the Grande Armée, as well as the allegory of justice taken from the preface of the civil code, which symbolizes the civil reforms of the era. Between the two sides is the Legion of Honor, and also incorporated into the design is the French cockade as well as the year of his death, and the year 2021. The background of the coin features a pattern of bees, which is the symbol of immortality and resurrection.
- Reverse: Depicts various iconic symbols such as the eagle, bees, laurels, and the famous silhouette of the Emperor. The laurel wreath is also depicted to represent his coronation. The letters "RF" are present at the bottom of the design as well as the hallmark of Joaquin Jimenez.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
Handle your coins with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this 2021 Silver €50 Bicentenary of Napoleon's Passing to your cart today!
The Year of Napoléon
As a significant figure in the history of France, 2021 is being celebrated as Napoleon's Year . To mark this anniversary, Monnaie de Paris is not only releasing a range of coins, but is also organizing an exhibition in their museum in partnership with the Napoléon Foundation.
Monnaie de Paris
Founded in 864, not only is Monnaie de Paris France's longest standing institution but it is also the oldest enterprise in the world. Today, they mint strikes circulation coins for France, as well as beautiful Gold & Silver commemorative coin programs, which are each intricately designed works of art. The Mint is also home to a museum which hosts exhibitions, tours, and workshops as well as the Guy Savoy Restaurant.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.