- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Low mintage of only 999 coins.
- Comes in a decorative frame box in the original capsule with a certificate of authenticity.
- Smartminting© used.
- Obverse: Displays a colorized X-Ray image of the Vitruvian Man. Also included is the profile portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the name of the ruler, the issuing nation, the denomination, and the 2021 year-date.
- Reverse: Features an Ultra High Relief image of the historical artwork of Leonardo da Vinci, The Vitruvian Man, surrounded by sketches and notes, as well as the inscription "VITRUVIAN MAN" at the top of the coin.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Cook Islands government.
Handle your coins with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This Unique Silver Proof coin would be a great addition to any collection. Add this 2021 1 oz X-Ray - Vitruvian Man Silver coin to your cart today!
The Vitruvian Man, also known as "The proportions of the human body according to Vitruvius", was drawn in 1490 by Leonardo da Vinci. The drawing depicts a man in two superimposed positions with his arms and legs spread apart, inscribed within a circle and a square. This remarkable piece is one of Leonardo da Vinci's most recognizable works and was the beginning of a long road to understanding human anatomy.
The X-Ray was a groundbreaking invention by Wilhelm Röntgen in 1895. He first discovered the medical application while taking a photo of his wife's hand on a photographic plate, which clearly revealed her wedding ring and bones. The photograph astonished the public and stirred major scientific interest in the new form of radiation. The name X-Ray was created by Röntgen with X standing for "Unknown" and Ray as a shorthand for Radiation.
CIT Silver Coins
Coin Invest Trust (CIT), located in the small European country of Liechtenstein, produces Silver coins for countries around the world. Since its founding in 1970, this company has gained an outstanding worldwide reputation for its innovative and revolutionary coins of premium quality. Smartminting© technology, developed by CIT in 2016, pushes the boundaries of the standards in the commemorative coin industry. This technology enables CIT to strike coins in higher relief without the need for additional metal and can increase the surface area of a coin by as much as 183%.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.