- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
A traditional BU (brilliant uncirculated) finish is a classical approach to the legendary schooner and the effigy of King George V. This effigy appeared on all Canadian coins issued in 1921, the year Bluenose was launched and captured the International Fishermen’s Trophy. Bluenose centennial anniversary extends to the set’s 10-cent coin, which is double dated and features the effigy of King George VI — just like the first Bluenose dime issued in 1937.
- BU dollar contains 3/4 oz of .9999 fine Silver. Other coins in set contain nickel and brass plated steel.
- Your set’s book-style packaging allows you to showcase these coins with pride. Also includes certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 30,000 coins.
- Obverse: The obverse features the effigy of King George V by Sir E. B. MacKennal.
- Reverse: Designed by Canadian marine artist Yves Bérubé, your BU dollar’s reverse travels back in time to see naval architect William James Roué (1879-1970) completing his design for the legendary Bluenose schooner. The first-person perspective is flat frosted to distinguish between Roué’s vision and the inspiring sight of a traditional, brilliant uncirculated Bluenose under full sail. As an added tribute, the ship’s name is inscribed in Roué’s handwriting, along with the naval architect’s signature, as they appear on the original Bluenose sail plan.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this 3/4 oz Silver Special Edition Silver Dollar 100th Anniversary of Bluenose set to your cart today!
The Royal Canadian Mint
Since 1908, the Royal Canadian Mint has been a world leader in producing high-quality coins. They are most well known for the Silver and Gold Maple Leaf coins, but they have also produced numerous award-winning coins and are one of the most innovative mints in the world. The RCM releases new, high-quality coins every month. Browse new and upcoming Royal Canadian Mint products frequently to see updates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.