- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Coin #3 takes to the skies for one last look at The First 100 Years of Confederation! Its pop art elements speak to Canada’s post-war (1945-1967) prosperity and its active role on the world stage, and to a nationwide sense of optimism during Canada’s centennial year. Between 1945 and 1967, aviation technology sent us soaring to new heights and also brought us closer than ever before. At the end of the Second World War, our nation’s character had been established and our place on the international stage secured; but in the midst of Cold War tensions, our new-found sense of self emboldened us to champion peace and cooperation. It was a signal to the world that Canada had arrived.
- Contains 5 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of 1,250 coins.
- Your coin is individually encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
- Obverse: The obverse combines five of the effigies that have appeared on Canadian coins since 1867 (clockwise, from top): the first effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Mary Gillick, with the Latin inscription “ELIZABETH II D·G·REGINA”; the effigy of King George VI by T. H. Paget, with the inscription “GEORGIVS VI D·G·REX”; the effigy of King George V by Sir E. B. Mackennal, with the inscription “GEORGIVS V D·G·REX ET IND: IMP:”; the effigy of King Edward VII by G. W. De Saulles, with the inscription “EDWARDVS VII D·G·REX IMP:”; and the effigy of Queen Victoria by L. C. Wyon, with the inscription “VICTORIA D·G·REGINA”.
- Reverse: Designed by Canadian artist Glen Green, the coin’s reverse features a symbol of Canada’s high stature on the world stage during the post-war years (1945-1967). Canada’s famous bush plane, the de Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver, is rendered in a pop art style.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
COIN #3 marks the end of an unforgettable series that presents Canadian history in a whole new way. Complete your series! Add this Silver $50 100 Years of the Confederation Canada Takes Wing coin to your cart today!
The Royal Canadian Mint
Since 1908, the Royal Canadian Mint has been a world leader in producing high-quality coins. They are most well known for the Silver and Gold Maple Leaf coins, but they have also produced numerous award-winning coins and are one of the most innovative mints in the world. The RCM releases new, high-quality coins every month. Browse new and upcoming Royal Canadian Mint products frequently to see updates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.