- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
The U.S. Mint does not sell its bullion coins directly to the public. APMEX is one of very few companies authorized to purchase all four Precious Metals from the U.S. Mint, and the only retailer among this exclusive group, allowing us to offer American Eagle products directly to our customers.
- Each coin contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Gold Eagle, adding collectible value to these Gold coins!
- This MintDirect® Premier + PCGS FirstStrike® tube contains 40 Gold American Eagle coins for a total Gold weight of 20 oz.
- Each tube features the MintDirect® Premier + PCGS FirstStrike® designation, ensuring it comes directly from the U.S. Mint to you.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. The Type 2 design features added details from the original bronze cast to enhance this beloved design.
- Reverse: a bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint in West Point, N.Y.
With their patriotic design and legal tender status, Gold American Eagle coins are both secure and internationally recognized. Add these unique coins to your cart today!
MintDirect® Premier + PCGS FirstStrike®
With the release of each new issue, the United States Mint is required to deliver coins that carry the date of the new year. Accordingly, the dies used to strike the coins from the prior year are destroyed and new dies are engraved, prepared and deployed to strike coins for the new year. Because each new year brings new dies, APMEX has designated all products delivered by the U.S. Mint in the first month of release that go through the MintDirect® process as MintDirect® Premier.
Note: The MintDirect® process does not guarantee protection from spotting or tarnishing that normally occurs in chemically active metals, such as Gold, Silver and Platinum.
Along with MintDirect® Premier, APMEX has partnered with PCGS to add the assurance and recognition of the PCGS FirstStrike® designation to this product. After reviewing and vetting the MintDirect® process, PCGS recognizes these 2021 MintDirect® Premier Gold Eagles as meeting their strict requirements for FirstStrike® eligibility when submitted for grading in their original sealed packaging.
APMEX uses a machine for this sealing process to ensure the products you receive are entirely sealed. The sealing process seals both ends of each mint tube with tamper-evident packaging leaving our customers with a finished tube of MintDirect® Premier + PCGS FirstStrike® 2021 1/2 oz Gold American Eagle coins.
New 2021 Gold Eagle Design
The United States Mint has unveiled the new reverse designs for the 2021 American Eagle Gold coins. 2021 marks the 35th Anniversary of the American Eagle Coin program, and the new designs will begin appearing on these coins in mid-year 2021. The new reverse design depicts a bold, up-close portrait of an eagle. The obverse has been revised with additional detail from the original design by Augustus Saint-Gaudens to enhance this classic image.
American Gold Eagle Coins
First authorized by Congress for release in 1986, the Gold American Eagle series quickly became among the most popular bullion coins in the world. These coins are the first Gold coins backed by the United States government specifically for bullion investment purposes. They feature artistic patriotic designs, with the obverse being modeled after Saint Gaudens' design introduced for the $20 Double Eagle in 1907.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.