- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Each coin contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Gold Eagle, adding collectible value to these Gold coins!
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin.
- APMEXclusive® Black Label adds visual appeal to this sought-after coin.
- The FirstStrike® designation guarantees this coin was among the earliest Type 2 Gold Eagles, shipping from the mint within 30 days of release.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. The Type 2 design features added details from the original bronze cast to enhance this beloved design.
- Reverse: a bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.
Protect your Gold Eagle in style by adding a nice wooden storage box to your order.
With this new and exciting design it is easy to see why the Gold American Eagle continues to be the most popular Gold coin in the United States. Add this 2021 1/2 oz Gold Eagle Type 2 coin to your cart today!
The American Gold Eagle Coin Series
Introduced in 1986, the Gold American Eagle series is one of the most popular Gold bullion coins on the market today. Collectors and investors alike opt for the Gold Eagle because of its attractive design, near universal recognition, and the fact that their purity and weight are guaranteed by the United States Treasury. The obverse design was initially created by Augustus Saint-Gaudens for the Double Eagle introduced in 1907 and is among the most artistic U.S. coin designs of all time.
PCGS Gold Eagles
PCGS, an independent third-party grading service, adds appeal to this coin by certifying the authenticity and condition, then encapsulating it in a protective holder backed by a full guarantee of authenticity and condition. APMEX is pleased to offer this coin graded a MS-70 - indicating a coin with no perceptible flaws and unmatched quality. Additionally, PCGS certifies select coins as FirstStrike if it can be verified to have shipped from the mint within 30 days of release. With PCGS certified coins, discerning collectors can be assured of getting coins in the absolute finest condition, especially with a remarkable release such as this one.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Jul 20, 2021
Nice to have coins you know are certified perfect to pass down. As always the coin was very securely packaged. The type 1 eagle's left wing was oddly presented and I never really cared for it that much. The Type 2 is Beautiful USA coinage though and I like the new eagle head design quite well. Beautiful!
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.