- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Each coin contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Gold Eagle, adding collectible value to these Gold coins!
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the nearly flawless MS-69 condition of the coin.
- The FirstStrike® designation guarantees this coin was among the earliest Type 2 Gold Eagles, shipping from the mint within 30 days of release.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. The Type 2 design features added details from the original bronze cast to enhance this beloved design.
- Reverse: a bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.
Display your Gold Eagle in style by selecting a nice presentation box when you add this 2021 1/2 oz Gold American Eagle Type 2 coin to your cart today!
The American Gold Eagle Coin Type 2
From their initial issue in 1986, the adaptation of Saint-Gaudens' design on the obverse was paired with the reverse’s depiction of a family of eagles designed specifically for the Gold Eagle bullion program. However, in 2021, the U.S. Mint introduced a new reverse design rendered by Artistic Infusion Program designer Jennie Norris, which marks the first ever major design change to the American Gold Eagles in the long history of the series.
PCGS Gold Eagles
PCGS, or the Professional Coin Grading Service with 35 years in the business, adds appeal to this coin by certifying the authenticity and condition of each coin, then encapsulating it in a protective holder to maintain the quality. APMEX is pleased to offer this release graded MS-69 - coin with only the slightest imperfections. Additionally, PCGS certifies select coins as FirstStrike if they can be verified to have shipped from the mint within 30 days of release. With PCGS certified coins, discerning collectors can be assured of getting coins in the absolute finest condition, and those among the very first released, especially prized with a historic release such as this one.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.