Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 5 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of 1,000 coins.
- Your coin is individually encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
- Obverse: The effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt with “ELIZABETH II”, “D·G·REGINA” and “50 DOLLARS” engraved along the outer edge of the coin is featured on your coin obverse, along with a pattern on the field of a repeated design element taken from the official Snowbirds 50 logo. Historical text and production liaison were provided by former Snowbirds commanding officer and team leader Dan Dempsey.
- Reverse: Designed by Canadian graphic artist Dave O’Malley, inspired by a photograph of the Snowbirds taken by Canadian aviation photographer and publisher Mike Reyno. It features a highly-detailed view of the topside of Snowbird 9 and bottom side of Snowbird 8 revealing the signature “speedbird” design that was introduced by the team in 1974. The engraved “SNOWBIRDS 50” salutes the 50th anniversary of the team in 2021. This unique coin also features beautiful raised Gold plating on both sides designed for the exclusive collector.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
This Snowbirds coin salutes a legacy of aerobatic team prowess that dates back over 90 years in Canada. Add this Silver $50 The Snowbirds: A Canadian Legacy coin to your cart today!
Formed in 1971 to demonstrate the skill, professionalism and teamwork inherent in the Canadian Forces, the Snowbirds carry on a proud tradition of aerial excellence that dates back to the early years of powered flight in Canada. Their eminent predecessors include aerobatic teams such as the Royal Canadian Air Force's (RCAF’s) first official aerobatic team in 1929, the Siskins, followed by many others including the Blue Devils, Sky Lancers, Red Knight, Golden Hawks and Golden Centennaires to name a few. In the post war years prior to unification in 1968, the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) also formed several aerobatic teams including the Seafire Exhibition Flight and Grey Ghosts.
The true significance of the Snowbirds and the legacy they represent can be measured in the hearts and minds of the millions of Canadians who turn their heads skyward year after year to marvel at the team’s grace and precision as they weave their aerial magic across the nation. They continue to be proud ambassadors for the men and women serving in all branches of the Canadian Armed Forces while paying tribute to the thousands of personnel, both military and civilian, who have contributed to their overwhelming success and popularity across North America.
The Royal Canadian Mint
Since 1908, the Royal Canadian Mint has been a world leader in producing high-quality coins. They are most well known for the Silver and Gold Maple Leaf coins, but they have also produced numerous award-winning coins and are one of the most innovative mints in the world. The RCM releases new, high-quality coins every month. Browse new and upcoming Royal Canadian Mint products frequently to see updates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.