- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1/2 gram of .999 fine Gold.
- Limited mintage of 999 coins.
- Coin will be in protective capsules.
- Obverse: Displays the Barbados coat of arms along with the face value and purity. The Golden Shield of the Arms carries two Pride of Barbados flowers (the National Flower) and the Bearded Fig Tree (ficus Citrifolia). On either side of the shield are the supporters-on the right is a dolphin symbolic of the fishing industry and on the left is a Pelican, after Pelican Island, a small outcrop later incorporated into the Deep Water Harbour development. Above the shield is a helmet and mantling and on a wreath is the arm and hand of a Bajan holding two crossed pieces of sugar cane symbolic of the sugar industry. The Coat of Arms carries the motto "Pride and Industry."
- Reverse: Features an image of a an octopus with some of its tentacles wrapped around the circle of the design. Below the octopus are images of the sea bottom with rocks and plants. The name of the coin, purity and year of issue is also on the reverse.
Protect your coins and capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Another great addition to the Caribbean series. Add this beautiful Octopus coin to your cart today!
This is the newest design in this series which has included the Seahorse and Pelican. The octopus uses its legs, tentacles for eating, moving, hunting, tasting and mating. Octopus are also masters of disguise and can alter their skin to take on different colors and textures to blend in with their surroundings This series of Caribbean Gold & Silver has become very popular amongst investors and collectors alike and is exclusively available at APMEX.
APMEX has partnered with MDM Mint to bring you these beautiful Caribbean Pelican coins. MDM, short for Münzhandelsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG German Coin, is one of the largest international mints and is also a member of the Richard Borek Group. Founded in 1893, this group is an internationally active coin trading company that is one of the world market leaders for precious metal collectibles.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.