- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
APMEX offers the largest selection of Holiday-Themed products in the industry, which makes for the perfect gift for a loved one or someone special in your family. To see our full assortment of Holiday-Themed products, check out The Holiday Shop for more seasonal offerings that can only be found here.
- Contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Gold Eagle, adding collectible value to these Gold coins!
- Packaged in RF-welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the coin's finish, with included holiday themed card.
- Multiples of 10 are housed in a 10-Count APMEX® MintDirect® Singles storage box (5” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- Multiples of 20 are housed in a 20-Count APMEX® MintDirect® Singles storage box (10” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- APMEX® storage boxes hold MintDirect® or MintDirect® Premier TEP Singles and are stackable with other APMEX® Mini Monster Boxes and the APMEX® Monster Box.
- Each authentication card features the MintDirect® designation, ensuring it comes directly from the U.S. Mint to you.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left.
- Reverse: The design depicts a single eagle coming in for a landing, carrying an oak branch as if to add it to a nest. Inscriptions are “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” “1 OZ. FINE Gold,” and “50 DOLLARS.”
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Present your holiday gift with an attractive display box added to your order.
These 1 oz Gold Eagles are ideal for giving to friends, family members or loved ones, as they truly are a gift that lasts a lifetime. Add this 1 oz Gold Eagle to your cart today!
New 2021 Gold Eagle Design
The United States Mint has unveiled the new reverse designs for the 2021 American Eagle Gold coins. 2021 marks the 35th Anniversary of the American Eagle Coin program, and the new designs will begin appearing on these coins in mid-year 2021. Mint Artistic Infusion Program (AIP) designer Jennie Norris created the new Gold coin design that was sculpted by Mint Medallic Artist Renata Gordon. The new reverse design depicts a bold, up-close portrait of an eagle. The obverse has been revised with additional detail from the original design by Augustus Saint-Gaudens to enhance this classic image.
American Gold Eagle Coins
First authorized by Congress for release in 1986, the Gold American Eagle series quickly became among the most popular bullion coins in the world. These coins are the first Gold coins backed by the United States government specifically for bullion investment purposes. They feature artistic patriotic designs, with the obverse being modeled after Saint Gaudens' design introduced for the $20 Double Eagle in 1907. All American Gold Eagle coins are produced in .9167 fine Gold, with Copper and Silver being added to the Gold content to improve the wear characteristics and improve durability of these coins.
To appeal to a wide variety of collectors and investors, the American Gold Eagle coins are available in four different sizes, containing 1/10, 1/4, 1/2, or 1 oz of fine Gold. All four sizes feature the same iconic design and are fully guaranteed for their metal content and purity by the United States government. The United States Mint does not sell these bullion coins directly to the public, but rather distributes them through a network of Authorized Purchasers, including APMEX, who make an active market in these coins, supporting the liquidity and value of this popular bullion product.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.