|Volume Discount Pricing|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Low mintage of only 800 coins.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- This coin is graded MS-70 by PCGS with First Day of Issue.
- Obverse: Depicts a crowded square centered around a silver tree with water flowing from its mouths. In the middle of the coin is a red square shaped tiffany glass inlay. Also included is the coat of arms of Mongolia, as well as the inscriptions for the country of issue, face value, and the weight and fineness.
- Reverse: Features a detailed image of the front a palace in the city of Karakorum with a square red tiffany glass inlay in the central gate. Above the building is the inscription "800" and below is the inscription "CITY OF KARAKORUM 1220-2020".
- Sovereign coin backed by the Mongolia government.
Handle your coins with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
A coin struck using the enhanced Smartminting technology, giving it a unbelievable high relief. An incredible detailed antique finish coin. Add this 2 oz Antique Silver Karakorum coin to your cart today!
The city of Karakorum was the capital of the Mongol Empire between 1235 and 1260 AD. The year 1220 is regarded as the year the foundations were built, when Genghis Khan established his headquarters there to act as the base for the invasion of China. Therefore, the year 2020 marks the 800th anniversary of this legendary city. In the year 1235 walls around the city were built along with a large palace, many brick buildings, twelve shrines, two mosques, and the widely known stone tortoises.
CIT Silver Coins
Coin Invest Trust (CIT), located in the small European country of Liechtenstein, produces Silver coins for countries around the world. Since its founding in 1970, this company has gained an outstanding worldwide reputation for its innovative and revolutionary coins of premium quality. Smartminting© technology, developed by CIT in 2016, pushes the boundaries of the standards in the commemorative coin industry. This technology enables CIT to strike coins in higher relief without the need for additional metal and can increase the surface area of a coin by as much as 183%.
APMEX takes pride in being one of the most innovative companies in our industry. In true innovation, we leveraged partnerships with the top coin grading agencies to create CoinGrade+®, providing relevant numismatic information, synced daily with third-party grading services, ensuring you have the most up-to-date information available.Learn More
The total number of coins produced at a specific mint for a particular date and mintmark combination.
The total number of coins that have obtained a higher grade than the subject coin by a particular grading service.
|Mint Mark||Not Shown|
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.