Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The Imposing Icons series invites you to get up close and personal with Canada’s wild animal icons. The picture-perfect wildlife portrait is backed by an engraved view of the landscape they inhabit—it’s like you’re taking a photo and the animal suddenly steps into your shot. And given the coin’s 50 mm diameter, there’s plenty of room for a finely detailed depiction of a nose-to-nose meeting. It might be your closest wildlife encounter yet! Coin Highlights:
- Contains 2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of 2,500 coins.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Displays a right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Designed by artist Maurade Baynton, the reverse features a selectively colored, close-up view of the plains bison (Bison bison bison). The finely engraved backdrop takes you into the heart of the Canadian Prairies and represents the traditional grassland habitat of this iconic Canadian species.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Protect your Silver in storage from the adverse effects of moisture in the air by adding these silica gel packets to your order
A unique keepsake for anyone to cherish for a lifetime, add this 2021 2 oz Silver Imposing Icons Bison coin to your cart today!
There was a time when free-roaming herds of bison dominated the Canadian prairie. Today, this grassland icon is found in protected areas in the west and north. It is Canada’s largest land animal, thanks in part to the muscular shoulder hump and a coat of thick fur that adds to its mighty appearance. Our Imposing Icons series ends with a species of great historical and cultural importance to Canadians. Its design is a close encounter that is made possible by the coin’s large (50 mm) diameter, and by its captivating mix of selective colour and exceptional engraving.
The Royal Canadian Mint
Since 1908, the Royal Canadian Mint has been a world leader in producing high-quality coins. They are most well known for the Silver and Gold Maple Leaf coins, but they have also produced numerous award-winning coins and are one of the most innovative mints in the world. The RCM releases new, high-quality coins every month. Browse new and upcoming Royal Canadian Mint products frequently to see updates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.