Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The Great Lakes region is where 8.5 million Canadians live, work and play, and these bodies of water are instantly recognizable on this 5 oz. fine silver coin. All the traditional map features can be found on this coin: borders, roads, urban centers, and even longitude and latitude lines on both sides. For added realism, color over engraved relief denotes changes in land elevation throughout the Great Lakes region, where the most famous drop occurs at Niagara Falls.
- Contains 5 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of only 2,000 coins.
- Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
- Obverse: Features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- Reverse: Designed by artist and Canadian Geographic cartographer, Chris Brackley, your coin’s reverse features a magnificent custom map of the Great Lakes region, rendered to a scale of “1:22 000 000”. All five lakes (Superior, Michigan, Huron, Erie and Ontario) have a luminous silver appearance thanks to a mirror-like (brilliant) finish, while their names appear as frosted elements. Each color represents a different land cover: three shades of green to represent different forest types, blue/green represents wetland, pink represents urban space, yellow to represent farmland and lastly red lines indicate roadways. Beneath the word “CANADA” (right), a compass rose indicates direction, while graticules—lines representing longitude and latitude—are painted on the reverse and laser-engraved on the obverse.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Protect your Silver in storage from the adverse effects of moisture in the air by adding these silica gel packets to your order.
A cartography exclusive! Features a custom map that has been accurately scaled down to an extreme (1:22 000 000) to fit your coin’s reverse! Add this 2021 Canada 5 oz Silver Great Lakes Tribute coin to your cart today!
The Royal Canadian Mint
Since 1908, the Royal Canadian Mint has been a world leader in producing high-quality coins. They are most well known for the Silver and Gold Maple Leaf coins, but they have also produced numerous award-winning coins and are one of the most innovative mints in the world. The RCM releases new, high-quality coins every month. Browse new and upcoming Royal Canadian Mint products frequently to see updates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.