- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- This denomination was one of four, along with the $5, $10, and $20 to be used for this purpose during the war.
- Housed in an archival quality Mylar sleeve.
- Series 1935-A note in Choice Uncirculated.
- Face: Features a brown seal and serial numbers along with the familiar portrait of President George Washington.
- Back: Has a large “HAWAII” over-stamp in block letters across the middle.
- Julian/Morganthau signatures—Friedberg #2300.
Don't handle your currency with bare hands. To avoid damage from the oils in your skin add these white cotton gloves to your order.
Series 1935-A $1 Silver Certificates with the HAWAII overprint are very popular with collectors. Add this great collector’s item to your cart today!
Due to the very real possibility of a Japanese invasion of Hawaii and the west coast following Pearl Harbor, the Treasury Department issued these special notes. In the event of the currency falling into enemy hands, these could be rendered worthless by the government.
Although many of these notes were printed during the war, they are seldom seen today, especially in this high grade. These historic notes would make great gift ideas for any currency collector.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.