- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- Issued beginning in 1942.
- Notes will be housed in archival quality currency sleeves by PMG.
- Series 1934-A in Gem Uncirculated-64 EPQ condition.
- Exceptional Paper Quality.
- Face: A portrait of President Abraham Lincoln.
- Back: An engraving of the Lincoln Memorial.
- Julian/Morganthau—Friedberg #2307.
To avoid damage from the oils in your skin add these white cotton gloves to your order.
These notes are a great part of history that can easily be added to any collection. Add some of these great conversation pieces to your cart today!
Silver Certificates in the $1, $5, and $10 denomination were used with the Yellow Treasury seal beginning in 1942 for use by American Armed Forces in the North Africa and European Theater during World War II. This allowed any notes that were captured by enemy forces to have their legal tender status revoked by the Treasury if necessary. Although they are still legal tender, their yellow seals make them great collectors items.
Series 1934 $5 Silver Certificates were printed in large numbers, but this type was printed in much smaller numbers. These North Africa $5 Silvers are very popular with collectors.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.