Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
According to ancient Chinese mythology, a school of golden koi swam up a fast-flowing river full of rocks and other obstacles to reach a legendary mountain waterfall known as The Dragon Gate. Despite its seemingly impassable height, one koi’s repeated efforts to reach the crest eventually proved successful. In recognition of its determination and perseverance, the gods turned it into the most auspicious mythical creature in Chinese culture – a dragon.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of only 888 coins!
- Each coin is housed in a classic display case within an illustrated shipper and accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the weight and fineness, the 2021 year-date and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: The transformation of the koi into a dragon is symbolized on the coin by the interconnection of their colored whiskers. Also included in the design is a backdrop of scrolling clouds, which are associated with deities, and lotus flowers, symbols of purity.
To avoid finger prints, add these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this incredible antiqued Double Dragon Yin Yang Koi coin to your cart today!
Koi fish are traditionally associated with happiness and harmony, and are often used as a good luck symbol for a happy marriage. In feng shui, the yin yang symbol represents the balance between the positive and negative energies within ‘chi’, the vital life-force of all living things on Earth.
The subject of countless myths and legends, Chinese dragons are revered as wise and benevolent creatures with auspicious powers, particularly over the water and rainfall required for abundant harvests. Symbolizing nobility, kindness, prosperity and success, dragons were also seen as the embodiment of the emperor.
Perth Mint Commemorative Coins
APMEX carries many stunning Silver Commemorative coins from The Perth Mint with exciting themes and unique finishes. Experience the animals of The Outback with the Deadly & Dangerous Series or travel back in time to your favorite Western with classic John Wayne coins. Our assortment contains a range in sizes from 1/2 gram to 5 oz coins, making these Australian Commemorative coins attainable for collectors of all budgets.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review