Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Mintage of only 1,000 worldwide.
- The set comes in a box, with each coin in a capsule along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Elephant Obverse: Features a close-up of the Elephants face with the trunk rising up towards the month. The words "South Africa" and "Big Five 2021", as well as the coat of arms is included.
- Elephant Reverse: Depicts two halves of the face of an elephant.
- Krugerrand Obverse: Likeness of Paul Kruger, South Africa’s first and only president, along with “South Africa” in Afrikaans and English.
- Krugerrand Reverse: A Springbok antelope, the national animal of South Africa, along with the year of minting, face value and Gold weight. Included is a privy mark of the elephant.
- Guaranteed by the South African Mint.
Handle your coins with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
A great way to purchase the first coin in the Big 5 Series 2. Add this 2021 South Africa 2-Coin Silver Krugerrand and Elephant Proof Set to your cart today!
The Big Five are the most dangerous animals in Africa and the include the elephant, lion, leopard, rhino and buffalo.
Silver Krugerrand Series
First introduced in 2017 as a premium BU coin to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the Gold Krugerrand, the Silver Krugerrand is now offered as a Brilliant Uncirculated coin and has become popular with investors and collectors alike. The Silver Krugerrand has the same design as the Gold Krugerrand but does have a face value unlike the Gold. The design is the same as it was when the coin was introduced in 1967. It features the South African Republic's first president, Paul Kruger. On the reverse, a springbok, which is the national animal, and the date of minting appear. The springbok seems to be jumping into action, while President Kruger is a reminder of 19th century South African political and military affairs.
South African Mint
To commemorate the Golden Jubilee celebrations, the South African Mint added the Silver bullion coin to its portfolio. In preparation of the Jubilee, designers at the South African Mint undertook an intensive re-examination of the Krugerrand and discovered some of the artistic detail of the original design had been lost. The detail was put back by the mint, using modern technology to enhance the beauty of the Krugerrand.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.