- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Each year, the koala series showcases a new design, making every year's coin unique and highly collectible. This year's issue has a limited mintage of just 300,000 coins, adding to its collectibility as a bullion coin.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes in a secure plastic capsule. Multiples of 20 come in sealed rolls, and multiples of 100 come in cardboard boxes with sealed rolls inside.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Artist Jody Clark's depiction of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Displays a sleeping koala in a tree branch among clusters of aromatic eucalyptus leaves. Additionally, the inscription "Australian Koala," The Perth Mint's traditional "P" mint mark, the 2022 year-date, and the weight and purity are included in the design.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Proudly display your Silver Koala in style when you add an attractive presentation box to your order.
Koalas are beloved worldwide, so bring home your very own Silver Koala with a 2022-P 1 oz Silver Koala coin!
Silver Koala Coin Series
Australia's Perth Mint introduced the Gold and Silver Koala series in 2007. Each year has featured a unique design of this animal that is associated with Australia. Australian Silver Koala coins are produced in both 1 oz Silver and 1 kilogram size, with the mintage of the 1 oz size capped at just 300,000 coins. This makes the Australian Silver Koala one of the most collectible bullion coin series. The koala, along with the kookaburra, lunar series and kangaroo form what has continued to be a world renowned line of high quality bullion products from The Perth Mint.
Early European settlers initially confused these new, tree-climbing animals with monkeys or bears, which is why some people still refer to the creatures as koala bears. However, koalas are actually marsupials like kangaroos and wombats. These cuddly marsupials have special physical characteristics that help their tree-dwelling lifestyle. Koalas are able to grab branches and pick eucalyptus leaves with their two opposable digits, and their tough skin and sharp claws provide traction in climbing. They even have extra thick fur on their bottoms so that they can comfortably sit on branches for hours at a time. Unique to Australia, these animals are a perfect theme for an iconic coin series.
The Perth Mint
The Perth Mint is Australia's oldest operating mint and its name has become synonymous with some of the highest standard of Precious Metal bullion and collectible products. Along with the kookaburra, some of The Perth Mint's most well-known coin programs include the Gold Kangaroo and Silver Kangaroo, Koala, Gold Lunar and Silver Lunar, and Gold Swan and Silver Swan programs along with a wide variety of Specialty Bullion releases.
90% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Mar 19, 2022
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.