Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
A landmark coin series of the highest regard, the Perth Lunars package beautiful designs, limited mintages and universal appeal all in one program.
- Contains 2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Encapsulated in a PCGS holder, certifying the MS-70 grade of the coin. Included on the slab is our exclusive Red Label for the Perth Lunar Series III.
- First Strike designation guarantees the coins were received by PCGS within the first 30 days of release from the Mint.
- Obverse: The Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the weight and fineness, and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Portrays a tiger standing on a peak with its head turned towards its tail. The animal's open jaw features razor-sharp canine teeth. Also included in the design is the Chinese character for "tiger", the inscription "TIGER 2022" and The Perth Mint's "P" mint mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Proudly display your 2 oz Year of the Ox coin by adding a display box to your order.
This Year of the Tiger coin would make a great addition to any lunar collection. Add this PCGS-graded 2022 2 oz Gold Year of the Tiger MS-70 coin to your cart today!
Lunar Year of the Tiger
Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series III collection continues the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese Lunar calendar. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2022 reverse celebrates the Year of the Tiger. Those born under the sign of the Chinese lunar Tiger in 2022, 2010, 1998, 1986, 1974, and every 12th preceding year are said to be natural leaders, blessed with courage, charm, and confidence. Tigers are seen as guardians of children in Chinese culture, and are a symbol of bravery.
The Perth Mint Lunar Gold Coin Series
A landmark coin series of the highest regard, The Perth Mint Gold Lunar coins package beautiful designs, limited mintages and universal appeal all in one program. Struck by the historic Perth Mint in .9999 fine Gold since 1996, each coin's Australian legal tender status guarantees its weight and purity. Beginning in 2020 and scheduled for yearly releases through 2031, The Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series III collection continues the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese Lunar calendar. Today, The Perth Mint Lunar coins are available in multiple sizes in Gold, Silver, and Platinum.
The Perth Lunar Series 1 concluded in 2010, and Series II concluded in 2019. These releases have been tremendously popular worldwide, with each year selling out quickly as investors and collectors claim the coins of all sizes. As each 1 oz Gold bullion coin in Series III has been limited to 30,000 coins worldwide, the prolonged popularity is ensured by the high level of collectibility as well as the stellar designs from the reputable Perth Mint.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.