1898-1909 Mexico Silver 1 Peso Cap&Rays XF (ASW .7859 oz)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. Random year coins will be dates of our choosing, based on stock on hand.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Nearly identical to the venerable 8 Reales, these Pesos followed the 1897 discontinuation of coinage denominated in reales, and were used until the introduction of the Caballito peso in 1910.
- Contains .7859 oz of Silver.
- Coins will be in protective packaging, and will be dates of our choosing.
- Extremely Fine condition coins will still show most detail, but will show signs of wear on the high points of the design.
- Obverse: Mexican coat of arms featuring a golden eagle perched atop a cactus, devouring a snake.
- Reverse: Radiant Phrygian cap with the inscription "LIBERTAD." Denomination, mint, date, assayer mark, and Silver content (as "10 Ds. 20 Gs.") below.
- Produced at various mints throughout Mexico from 1898-1909.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
These classic Pesos are a great way to appreciate the long, illustrious history of Mexican numismatics, and serve as a great entry to the extensive world of foreign Silver coinage. Add one, or several, to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.