1939 U.S. Proof Set PF-66 NGC
Rollover to Zoom
The coin pictured is the exact coin you will receive.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsA beautiful set, beautifully graded and encapsulated by NGC. Early proof sets are extremely hard to come by.
- Only 8,795 sets minted.
- Lincoln cent - mintage 13,520 - this fully-red cent shows few detracting marks, none significant. Only 45 Proof Red coins of this date are graded higher as of 1/17.
- Jefferson nickel - mintage 12,535 - this example is wonderfully lustrous beneath a light, attractive patina. Second year of issue.
- Mercury dime - mintage 9,321 - gorgeous blast white coin.
- Washington quarter - mintage 8,795 - gorgeous blast white coin with unblemished surfaces.
- Walking Liberty half dollar - mintage 8,808 - similar in character to the included quarter, this proof half nicely exemplifies Adolph Weinman's classic design - considered by many to be among the most beautiful designs ever used on U.S. coinage.
Add this gorgeous 1939 Proof Set to your cart today!
From 1936 to 1942, the U.S. Mint produced proof coins in Philadelphia for purchase by collectors. Pre-dating the modern Proof Sets, these coins were sold individually from the mint. Like the more familiar modern Proof Sets, the coins still display a brilliant mirror finish and were struck multiple times to bring out full detail in each coin. Because of this, proof coins are the ultimate showcase of these beautiful, classic designs.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.