- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- Approved by the act of July 17, 1862.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Graded Almost Uncirculated condition.
- Narrow margin back specimen. Only back side of note!
- Back: Black printing of the obligation at center surrounding a large numeral “5” with an intricate engraving.
- This is the straight edge type with the ABC monogram on back.
- Friedberg #1231SP.
Protect your product from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
These were issued starting in 1862 to help alleviate the shortage of coins due to public hoarding caused by the Civil War. Add this first issue fractional postage currency of 5 cents to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.