Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Extremely limited mintage of only 50 coins worldwide.
- APMEXclusive® with an enhanced Prooflike BU finish.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- 5-year special edition Pegasus with privy from Pobjoy Mint.
- Obverse: Depicts an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II used exclusively by Pobjoy Mint.
- Reverse: Features Pegasus, the mythical horse, rearing up with his wings spread and a 5-year privy mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British Virgin Islands government.
Pegasus is one of the best-known creatures in Greek mythology. This winged horse is usually depicted as white in color and was always considered a good-hearted and gentle animal. Throughout his life, Pegasus remained a mysterious creature that symbolized divine inspiration or the journey to Heaven. As a reward for his service and loyalty, Zeus honored him with a special immortality, turning him into a constellation on the last day of his life.
Protect your product from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This coin would be a great addition to any coin collection. Own the special edition of this exciting bullion series minted for the British Virgin Islands by adding this stunning 1 oz Gold 5th Anniversary Pegasus BU coin to your cart today!
The story of Pegasus begins when Perseus is sent to kill one of the three Gorgons, Medusa, who had writhing snakes instead of hair. It was said that anyone unfortunate enough to gaze on her face would turn to stone. The God Hermes and the Goddess Athena came to aid Perseus with special gifts, including a shield which Perseus used as a mirror so he did not look directly at Medusa. When Perseus beheaded Medusa, it is said that Pegasus was born from the blood of the Gorgon. Many wanted to capture Pegasus, but no one could figure out how to tame such a magnificent creature.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.