Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Mintage of 7,000.
- Multiples of 20 coins in heat sealed rolls. All other coins will be in protective capsules.
- Obverse: Displays the Barbados coat of arms along with the face value and purity. The golden shield of the arms carries two Pride of Barbados flowers (the national flower) and the bearded fig tree (ficus Citrifolia). On either side of the shield are the supporters – on the right is a dolphin, symbolic of the fishing industry, and on the left is a pelican, after Pelican Island, a small outcrop later incorporated into the Deep Water Harbour development. Above the shield is a helmet and mantling and on a wreath is the arm and hand of a Bajan holding two crossed pieces of sugar cane symbolic of the sugar industry. The coat of arms carries the motto "Pride and Industry."
- Reverse: Features an image of a an octopus with some of its tentacles wrapped around the circle of the design. Surrounding the octopus are images of the plants. The name of the coin, purity and year of issue is also on the reverse.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Barbados government.
Protect your coins and capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This is a great Silver bullion coin for any collector. Add this beautiful Octopus coin to your cart today!
On each of the octopus' legs, tentacles are suction cups which help the animal attach itself to surfaces. An octopus releases black ink when threatened by predators.
Barbados Caribbean Series
This is the third design in the Caribbean Silver series which has included the seahorse, pelican and now the octopus. Each year a new design has been minted. This Silver bullion program has become popular not only with bullion buyers, but also collectors. All previous coins in this program have sold out and are difficult to find in the market. Check out our collection of other Barbados Gold and Silver coins.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.