- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Limited mintage of 100 coins worldwide.
- APMEXclusive® with an enhanced Reverse Frosted Cameo finish.
- Coin comes in protective packaging.
- Third release in our ship series from Pobjoy Mint.
- Obverse: Depicts an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II used exclusively by Pobjoy Mint.
- Reverse: Features the Santa Maria, the historic flagship of explorer Christopher Columbus.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British Virgin Islands government.
Santa Maria History
Protect and display your Gold Santa Maria Reverse Frosted BU coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
This coin would be a great addition to any coin collection. Own the third release of this exciting bullion series minted for the British Virgin Islands by adding this stunning 1 oz Gold Santa Maria Reverse Frosted BU coin to your cart today!
The Santa Maria is one of the most well-known ships in history, having participated in the legendary Christopher Columbus expedition that sailed across the Atlantic Ocean.
Along with the Niña and Pinta, the Santa Maria set sail in 1492 from Spain. Intended to be the flagship with personal quarters for Columbus, the ship was 70 feet long and carried up to 40 crewmen. A carrack design, or a 3- to 4-masted sailing ship, created this payload capacity and made it ideal for its ocean-going mission. Unfortunately, it met its end when it was run aground on a reef in the Caribbean. The vessel was subsequently partially dismantled to build a fort for the crew and the rest was left abandoned, never to be found. Many have claimed to know the ship's location, but these claims have remained unsubstantiated.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.