1934-A $20 Brown Seal Hawaii XF
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsSeries 1934-A $20 Federal Reserve Note with a brown seal and serial numbers and a Hawaii over-stamp. Used as emergency currency in Hawaii after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Nice note for type!
- This denomination was one of four, along with the $1, $5, and $10, to be used for this purpose during the war.
- These notes come housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- All notes are from series 1934-A in nice Extra Fine condition.
- Face: Feature a brown seal and serial numbers along with the familiar portrait of President Andrew Jackson.
- Back: A large "Hawaii" over-stamp in block letters across the middle.
Series 1934-A $20 Federal Reserve Notes with the "Hawaii" overprint are very popular with collectors. Add some of these great collector’s items to your cart today!
Julian/Morganthau signatures—Friedberg #2305.
Due to the very real possibility of a Japanese invasion of Hawaii and the west coast following Pearl Harbor, the Treasury Department issued these special notes. In the event of the currency falling into enemy hands, these could be rendered worthless by the government.
These are popular with collectors and solid, no problem specimens like this one are getting harder to find.
Although many of these notes were printed during the war, they are seldom seen today! These historic notes would make great gift ideas for any currency collector!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.