- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
The world was saddened by the passing Queen Elizabeth II on September 8, 2022. The beloved monarch had faithfully served as the head of state for Great Britain and the British Commonwealth for more than 70 years. As is customary upon the passing of a monarch, new effigies for coins would be made, replacing the Queen’s portrait with that of her son, King Charles III. But that didn’t happen on these coins! One of the few 2023-dated coins to hold the late Queen’s effigy, the 2023 Canadian Peace Dollar was already in production when the news came that Elizabeth II has passed away. If production had begun even a few days later, it is very likely the Royal Canadian Mint would have postponed production until a new effigy featuring Charles III was available for use on the coin’s obverse!
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Each coin comes packaged in a black clamshell box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 500 coins.
- Obverse: The obverse features a lasered (non-pulsating) magnified view of the reverse’s field pattern behind the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: The beautiful Susan Taylor design on the coin’s reverse features the female allegorical figure of “Peace” just as she appeared on the 2019 Peace & Liberty Medal. Her hair is crowned in a wreath of maple leaves and olive branches to symbolize the core Canadian values of peace, order, and good government. It’s also enhanced by state-of-the-art technology that makes use of literally hundreds of micro-engineered, precision-engraved, sub-millimeter-scale surfaces struck into its fields to provide a stunning “pulsating” effect when the coin is rotated. In addition to the micro-engineered technology, this coin also benefits from stunning Ultra High Relief details that tower above the surface of the coin.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Protect your product from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Canada’s 2023 One-Ounce Gold Pulsating Peace Dollar is one of the last coins to feature the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II. Get the Ultra High Relief Rose Gold Gilt Proof release struck in one ounce of highly pure 99.99% gold from a limited edition of just 500 coins! Add this 1 oz Gold Peace Dollar Proof coin to your cart today!
The Royal Canadian Mint
Since 1908, the Royal Canadian Mint has been a world leader in producing high-quality coins. They are most well known for the Silver and Gold Maple Leaf coins, but they have also produced numerous award-winning coins and are one of the most innovative mints in the world. The RCM releases new, high-quality coins every month. Browse new and upcoming Royal Canadian Mint products frequently to see updates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.