- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- Housed in an archival quality currency holder by PCGS.
- Graded About Uncirculated 58 PPQ by PCGS Currency.
- Friedberg #1229.
- Face: An engraving of the five cent postage stamp featuring a bust of Thomas Jefferson.
- Back: Black printing of the obligation at center surrounding a large numeral “5”, with an intricate engraving.
- This is the perforated edge type.
Handle your currency with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this First Issue Fractional Postage Currency of 50 Cents to your cart today!
These were issued starting in 1862 to help alleviate the shortage of coins due to public hoarding caused by the Civil War. These 1st Issue notes were actually titled POSTAGE CURRENCY due to their design. This 5 cent denomination is one of the perforated type, and is the most elusive of this denomination.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.