|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Only the second San Francisco Proof issue of the historic Silver Eagle redesign.
- PCGS packaging ensures the coin's perfect PR-70 DCAM condition.
- FirstStrike designation indicates that these coins were among those shipped from the mint in the first month of the coin's release.
- San Francisco label featuring a shot of the Golden Gate bridge.
- Obverse: Adolph A. Weinman's artwork of Lady Liberty cloaked in the American flag as she approaches a ridge at sunrise.
- Reverse: New design featuring a bald eagle swooping in for a landing, holding an oak branch in its talons.
- Has the San Francisco Mint "S" mint mark.
- U.S. backed sovereign coin.
Showcase your new Silver Eagle with a presentation box.
Investing in Proof Silver Eagles is an excellent opportunity because they have collectible value and high bullion content. As San Francisco's second issue of the new Type 2 Eagle, coupled with the low product limit of only 200,000 released, this coin will be an exceptional addition for collectors and investors alike. Add this Type 2 2022-S Proof Silver Eagle to your cart today!
Updated Silver Eagle Design
The U.S. Mint revealed the new look for the Silver Eagles in 2020 in anticipation of the 35th anniversary of the American Eagle coin program in 2021. The American Eagles that ran from 1986 to early 2021 used a reverse designed by John Mercanti. Additionally, the updated design was created by AIP Designer Emily Damstra and sculpted by Mint Medallic Artist Michael Gaudioso. The coin depicts an eagle descending for a landing while carrying an oak branch to its nest.
The monumental introduction of Type 2 Silver Eagle design will pique collectors' interest, making PCGS certification attractive options to consider when purchasing. PCGS is an independent third-party grading service that has been trusted for 35 years. A coin graded by PCGS is guaranteed to be authentic and in the condition advertised. APMEX is offering this release of Silver Eagles graded as PR-70 and PR-69 by PCGS and in their packaging. PCGS also designates coins as First Day of Issue or FirstStrike® if they can be proven to have shipped from the mint within either the first day or the first 30 days after release. This significantly increases their value for collectors.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.