This one-year-type Gold coin was produced by the British Royal Mint to commemorate the 500th anniversary of the issuance of the first sovereign in 1489. The Gold Sovereign was first authorized by King Henry VII.
- Contains 1.1775 oz actual Gold weight.
- Coin comes in a protective hard plastic capsule.
- Limited mintage of 10,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II seated as at her coronation, surrounded by the inscription “Elizabeth II Dei Gra Reg Fid Def” which translates to “Elizabeth II, by the grace of God, Queen, defender of the faith.”
- Reverse: Depicts the Shield of the Royal Arms topped by a Royal Crown, with the whole image superimposed upon a double rose. Around the outside of the reverse is the inscription “anniversary of the Gold Sovereign, 1489-1989.”
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Protect your capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this rare and beautiful piece of British coinage history to your cart today!