1987 Isle of Man 10 oz Gold Angel BU
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
This monster-sized Gold coin contains 10 full ounces of Gold. Only 150 of these beauties were issued in 1987.
- Contains 10 oz of Gold.
- Coin comes in the case of issue and is accompanied by the certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 150 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts the right-facing profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the year all separated by 4 triskelions.
- Reverse: Features the archangel Michael using his shield to block the dragon's flaming breath as he uses his spear to slay the dragon.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Isle of Man government.
This exceptional coin would be a great addition to any coin collection. Add this beautiful 1987 Isle of Man 10 oz Gold Angel coin to your cart today!
The Angel was a Gold coin originally introduced into England by Edward IV in 1465 as a new issue of the Noble. Based on a French coin, the Angelot or Ange, its name was derived from the representation of the Archangel St. Michael. A truly iconic coin the Angel, depicting an image of the Archangel Michael slaying the dragon, was thought to bring good luck and health and was traditionally given to sufferers of the disease the "King’s evil" or scrofula, in a medieval ceremony intending to cure them with the "royal touch".
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.