This 1976 Netherlands Antilles Gold coin commemorative celebrates the bicentennial of the United States of America.
One might wonder just why this country would honor the U.S. with this design. On Nov. 16, 1776, the Andrew Doria received the first salute to the U.S. by a foreign government. As the ship went to port at St. Eustatius, her salute was returned. A neat eight-sided coin with some unexpectedly relevant history, design, and authentic link to the history of another nation.
- Contains .23 oz actual Gold weight.
- Unique eight-sided coin shape.
- Coins will be in Brilliant Uncirculated or Proof condition and delivered in a protective plastic flip.
- Obverse: Depicts the brigantine Andrew Doria, two flags left and right, double dates, denomination and purity.
- Reverse: Right facing portrait of Queen Juliana of the Netherlands and date.
Protect your BU/Proof coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this beautiful and uniquely shaped Netherlands Antilles Gold coin to your collection today!