39% Off The Premium
|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains .4715 AGW, 91.67% Gold, 8.33% Silver.
- Coin comes in a plastic capsule inside a beautiful display case, certificate number 569.
- Limited mintage of 4,500 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II with the face value of $200.
- Reverse: Features the image from men in a canoe riding a frothy wave of water.
Protect your Proof Gold coin from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this 1/2 oz Proof Gold Fur Traders coin to your cart today!
Europe's increasing demand for Canadian beaver pelts began, and trading posts were springing up along the St. Lawrence River. But control meant wealth, and some traders decided to go directly to the source rather than wait for the furs to come to them. They headed West.
The lure of the massive canoes transcended class and social status as hundreds of men climbed aboard to head into the unknown for months, even years. Paddling up to 90 strokes per minute, they traveled thousands of kilometers, circumventing perilous rapids by loading each man with 200 lbs (90 Kg) of cargo to carry across countless portages. Bear fat, corn, and pemmican were their staples and they had little more than the trees to shield them from the elements and the unrelenting flies.
Known as coureurs de bois or voyageurs, the 2005 22-Karat Gold Coin captures the essence of their adventurous lives, the spirit of those brave men who helped to shape a nation. Travel back to this magical, and defining time, in Canadian history!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review