2008-W Burnished Silver American Eagle SP/MS-69 PCGS (Rev '07)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsWith only an estimated 47,000 produced, this modern error was the result of inadvertent use of an older reverse die for production of 2008 burnished Silver Eagles. This example has been certified MS-69 by PCGS.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Though the mint switched reverse dies for the Silver Eagle in 2008, an estimated 47,000 burnished coins were accidentally minted using the old 2007 dies.
- PCGS encapsulation authenticates this mint error and guarantees the coin's MS-69 condition.
- Some PCGS holders may be designated SP-69 instead of MS-69. These designations are identical in this context, and vary only due to a change by PCGS as to how they refer to burnished coins.
- Obverse: Adolph A. Weinman’s design showing Lady Liberty draped in an American flag, walking gracefully as the sun rises over a ridge.
- Reverse: A heraldic eagle is shown below 13 small stars, representing the original colonies.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your Silver Eagle in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
This highly sought-after coin is a rarity of the usually near-perfect modern minting process. Add the 2008 Reverse of 2007 Silver Eagle to your cart today!
While a variety of differences from the standard 2008 issue can be noted in the reverse of this coin, the most obvious diagnostic is the "U" in "United States." 2008 and subsequent issues featured a serif on this letter, while the earlier dies used a sans-serif character instead. Other differences including the spacing of the stars above the eagle, the spacing between the legend and the rim, and the style of tilde used between "Fine Silver" and "One Dollar."
APMEX takes pride in being one of the most innovative companies in our industry. In true innovation, we leveraged partnerships with the top coin grading agencies to create CoinGrade+®, providing relevant numismatic information, synced daily with third-party grading services, ensuring you have the most up-to-date information available.Learn More
The total number of coins produced at a specific mint for a particular date and mintmark combination.
The total number of coins that have obtained a higher grade than the subject coin by a particular grading service.
|Mint Mark||W - West Point|
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Sep 21, 2013
I purchased this coin to fill in my Silver Eagle collection. I love the design of the coins. I like prefer the graded coins over others. The cases protect the coin and makes storage easy.
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Attractive Design
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.