1862 CSA $2.00 (T-54) Judah Benjamin AU
Rollover to Zoom
The note pictured is the exact note you will receive.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsThis Confederate deuce is from the 1862 issue, and has a nice portrait of Judah P. Benjamin in an oval on the right. This is listed as T-54 and is a popular issue.
- This is from the series of notes to be issued by the Confederate States in 1862 during the Civil War.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Cataloged as T-54. Hand-signed and serial numbered.
- Face: Displays numerous locations of the denomination and an oval portrait of Judah P. Benjamin in an oval on the right.
- Back: Left blank.
- A well circulated note in Almost Uncirculated condition that will make a great addition to any Confederate paper money collection.
These Confederate issues were once scorned by collectors, but are now in demand and rising in value. They have become a favorite with collectors due to the different issues and variety of designs. Add one of these classic collectibles to your cart today!
Judah Benjamin served in several positions in the Confederate cabinet. He served three different positions in the Cabinet of CSA President, Jefferson Davis. He served as the Confederacy's Attorney General, then as Secretary of War, and finally as Secretary of State.
This note has seen some moderate wear, but is intact without the usual damages typical of these CSA paper money issues due to the quality of paper being used. This note is a decent and affordable example of CSA paper money used during the Civil War
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the Confederate government to print paper money, just as the U.S. government did for the first time.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.