1922 $10 Gold Certificate Hillegas VG
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the note shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsThese large size $10 Gold Certificates are always popular due to their color and design—not to mention the fact that these notes could be exchanged for Gold coin prior to 1933.
- This denomination features a Gold seal and Gold serial numbers.
- Each note comes in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Face: Features a central portrait of Michael Hillegas, 1st Treasurer of the United States.
- Back: Golden orange printing is featured throughout. The Great Seal of the United States is surrounded by sun rays in the center with the number 10 in each corner.
- 1922 is the last year of the Large Size Gold Certificates.
- The notes in this listing are in Very Good condition with typical wear for that grade.
This series, featuring brightly colored backs, is from the end of an era in U.S. currency. Add one of these classics to your cart today!
Gold Certificates, like circulating Gold coins were withdrawn from circulation in 1933 as part of President Franklin Roosevelt's banking policies to counteract the effects of the Great Depression. Although no longer redeemable for Gold, they are still legal tender.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.