18__ New England Commercial Bank Newport, RI $5 RI-155 CU (G76b)
Rollover to Zoom
The note pictured is the exact note you will receive.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsCut from an original sheet, this note has very wide vertical margins. This $5.00 note was issued by the New England Commercial Bank of Newport, RI. Truly a well-executed note that is the epitome of the engraver's art.
- Issued by the New England Commercial Bank of Newport, RI.
- Notes will be housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- Graded Crisp Uncirculated.
- Listed in Haxby as G76b.
- Face: Beautiful allegorical central vignette of a maiden and a cherub sitting atop the Roman numeral "V." There is a dark green "FIVE" overprinting. There are also side vignettes of an American eagle and shield and a young girl.
- Back: Intentionally left blank.
Protect your Currency by adding a protective currency holder to your order.
Add some of these historical pieces to your cart today!
Obsolete Bank Notes are also called "Broken Bank Notes". In the days prior to the Federal Reserve, any bank could produce currency for use by the clients and members of the community. Unfortunately, not many safeguards were taken to ensure that banks stood behind the currency they were producing and circulating.
Banks, more often than not, failed and their currency was rendered worthless. As a result, most bank notes of the period did not trade at their full retail value. Oftentimes notes were worth fifty cents on the dollar because the public expected the banks to fail.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.