18__ The West River Bank, Jamaica, VT $5.00 Note VT-115 AU
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsThis $5 denomination was issued by the West River Bank of Jamaica, VT. Fantastic engraving of 5 cherubs with five Liberty Seated Silver Dollars. Great tie-in to the Silver coins of that era.
- This is from a group of notes printed in the mid 1800s for the West River Bank of Jamaica, Vermont.
- Housed in an archival quality sleeve.
- Almost Uncirculated condition.
- Face: Fantastic engraving of five cherubs with five Liberty Seated Silver Dollars. Superb red overprinting of "FIVE".
- Back: Intentionally left blank.
- Printed by the New England Banknote Company.
Protect your Small Size Currency by adding a protective currency holder to your order.
These Obsolete issues (a.k.a. Broken Bank Notes) were once scorned by collectors, but are now in demand and rising in value. They have become a favorite with collectors due to the different issues and variety of designs. Add one of these classic collectibles to your cart today!
Catalogued as VT-115 and in Haxby #G-8b.
Beginning in the late 18th century, a need for currency as a medium of exchange forced cities, states, banks and even private businesses to print paper money, just as the U.S. government did during the Civil War.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.