Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- Series 1862 $1 United States Legal Tender Note.
- This is one of the first legal tender notes issued by the United States government.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- A nice Fine example with some edge issues with a low 3 digit serial number being a plus.
- Face: Large portrait of Salmon P. Chase, Secretary of the Treasury under Lincoln, at left.
- Back: Ornately engraved with the obligation in the center with the denomination on either side.
This series is a favorite with collectors due to its intricate engraving and place in history. Add this interesting item to your cart today!
Signatures of Chittenden/Spinner—Friedberg #16. Serial Number 288; A very scarce early note!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.