Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- Series of 1862 $2.00 United States Legal Tender Note.
- One of the first Legal Tender notes issued by the United States government.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Face: Large portrait of Alexander Hamilton, 1st Secretary of the Treasury is featured on this note.
- Back: Ornately engraved with the denomination in three locations, and the obligation at right.
This is a nice Fine condition example without the usual distractions typical on this early U.S. paper money issues from the Civil War!
This series is a favorite with collectors due to its intricate engraving and place in history. Add this collector’s item to your cart today!
Signatures of Chittenden/Spinner—Friedberg #41.
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the federal government to print paper money.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.