1723 Wood's Hibernia Halfpenny VF Details
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
This 1723 Wood's Hibernia Halfpenny features exceptional detail but is not a problem-free example, offering an opportunity to own this historic coin at a discounted cost.
- The legend "Hibernia" is the Latin name for Ireland and it means the "Land of Winter."
- Georgius Dei Gratia Rex is Latin for "George, by the Grace of God, King."
- These coins found their way to colonial America from Ireland where the populace refused to use the coins King George authorized.
- Obverse: Bust of King George facing right.
- Reverse: Depicts Britannia with a harp.
This is an amazing opportunity to own a coin minted over 50 years before America declared its independence from Great Britain. Add this nice colonial coin to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.